Nuffnang Ad

Saturday, January 2, 2010

DIY effect patch cable

I started this new project because my old effect patch cable giving me a lot of noise and keep spoiling.

I when to Jalan Kampung Benggali to get the mono plug and cables. along the road there are a lot of shop. I went to Grand Elecktronic.
Here the map to Kampung Benggali

View Larger Map

Thing u need to do DIY patch cable is

1)
Mic cable (Any brand. The one I got is from Technic.)

2)
Mono Angle plug (U can get any plug u want, make sure u get the right angle.)

3)
Wire stripper and cutter

4)
Solder wire

5)
Solder

After u have all the thing let start!!!

Step 1
Cut the wire to the length u want. and strip the wire.

Step 2
solder the wire to the mono plug. (Both end)


Step 3
Replace the cover and test it out if the connection is good? It is not good then u need to redo again.

Here the end product




It only took me 1 hour to make 10 patch cable. Total cost for this project is
Mono plug RM2.00/pc x20pc = RM40
Cables (Technic) RM5/m x2 = RM10

Total cost RM50!

I still have some cable left for more patch cable.
Hope this will last longer compare to normal patch cable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment